2 big Onions
3 Green chilli
3 cloves Garlic
a small piece Ginger
2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
Tamarind paste - soaked water of a gooseberry size tamarind
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
2 or 3 Dry red chilli
1/2 tsp Urad dal
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add mustard seeds. When it pops, add
ginger and garlic and saute it for few seconds.
2. Add chopped onions and cook till translucent.
3. Add chopped green chilli, tomato and mix well.
4. Add chopped kohlrebies and fry for few minutes.
5. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and tamarind
6. Pour enough water till kholrabies are well covered and pressure cook it
for at least 3 whistles or until kholrabies becomes soft and gravy
7. For seasoning, heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When it pops, add
red chilli and fry it for few seconds and pour this seasoning over the
From: RecipeWorld blog