Chapter: Vegetable Recipes
Section: Sweet Potatoes
Recipe: Bengali Sweet Potatoes
Bengali Sweet Potatoes
750 g sweet potatoes (1 1/2 lb, peeled and chopped)
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons panch phoron
2 - 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
1 onion (large sliced)
1 tablespoon coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1. Boil sweet potatoes until soft.
2. Heat a wok, add the oil and stir fry the panch phoran for 1 minute and
then add the garlic and stir fry for another minute.
3. Now add the onion and stir fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add the sweet potatoes and coriander and stir fry until all the
ingredients are well blended and heated through.
5. Season with salt if desired and serve immediately.
If panch phoran is unavailable, replace the 2 t. in this recipe with:
1/2 t. white cumin seeds
1/2 t. fennel seeds
1/2 t. fenugreek seeds
1/2 t. black mustard seeds
1/2 t. black onion seeds (kalonji).
By I'm Pat. From: Food.com