12 carrots (1 lb)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 tablespoons parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise; if not, leave
3. Slice the carrots diagonally in 1 1/2-inch-thick slices.
4. (The carrots will shrink while cooking so make the slices big.) Toss
them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
5. Transfer to a sheet pan in one layer and roast in the oven for 20 to 30
minutes, until browned and tender.
6. Toss the carrots with minced dill or parsley, season to taste, and
From Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa on foodtv.com.
Laura Leigh posted to Food.com
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)