Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
Fool-proof, quick and easy, this majorly low-cal soup impresses every time.
1 head of broccoli
1/2 head of cauliflower
6 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon crushed chilli
Spices of choice
Chop up the broccoli and cauliflower, then place all ingredients in a big
pot. Cook for around half an hour, to 3/4 of an hour until veggies are
soft. Use a potato masher to mash them up, and serve.
I use various spices each time I make this soup, one of my favourite
combinations is coriander, cinnamon and tumeric, but you can experiment and
see what you like best. Serves 6 - freezes very well too.
- I put broccoli and cauliflower in the blender and it has a wonderful
mashed potato flavor.
- I used cinnamon/coriander/tumeric; also added rosemary, parsley, garlic
powder, celery salt, bay leaf, cayenne, and water instead of broth.
- I added a pinch of nutmeg and 1/4 tsp oregano. I used my hand blitzer
instead of the masher.
- I puréed the soup for a smooth texture. I used turmeric, chili paste and
ground white pepper and the soup has a kick to it!
- This is excellent for adding vegetables, filling you a bit more and
adding very few calories.
- I used coriander, cinnamon, garlic, crushed red pepper and a bay leaf.
Puréed in the blender.
- I used a stick blender.
By: JUZZYMUFFIN. From: SparkPeople