Chapter: "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
Section: Vegetable: Hot
Recipe: Broccoli Acorn Squash Soup
Broccoli Acorn Squash Soup
A thick and hearty soup that is creamy without all the cream!
One Acorn squash peeled (potato peeler works pretty good) and chopped up
4 cups of broccoli crowns (can use prepackaged broccoli crowns)
Approx. 3 cups of chicken broth or vegetable broth
1 yellow onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Place broth in a good size stock pot and add cubed sqush, onion and garlic.
Bring to a boil then add broccoli. Let cook for approximately 10 minutes
till vegetables are soft enough to blend. Add a touch of salt and pepper.
Ladel soup into blender and puree to eliminate the chunks (may have to do
in small batches). Add salt and pepper for additional seasoning and enjoy!
Number of Servings: 5-6
- I pre-cooked the squash in the microwave (whole, just poke a few holes
in the skin and nuke for 8-10 minutes) and used frozen broccoli.
- I didn't peel the squash--just microwaved it until soft and then
scooped out the flesh.
- I did bake my squash first, which is much easier than peeling it.
- I also added fresh parsley.
- I didn't puree it, just used the hand mixer on it.
- I decided it needed a little something, so I added a tablespoon of
By: APESTEW. Adapted from: SparkPeople