Nigerian Boiled Yam
It is prepared without any added ingredients thereby leaving you with a
wide range of sauces and stews to eat it with.
Boiled yam can be eaten with Tomato Stew, Vegetable Sauce, Pepper Sauce,
fried egg or egg omelette.
White Yam - As much as you can eat.
Salt to taste (Optional)
1. Cut the yam tuber into 1 inch slices.
2. Peel and cut the slices into half moons. You can leave it circular if
you want. This does not make a difference to the recipe at all.
3. Wash the slices, place in a pot and pour water to cover the contents.
4. Boil till the yam is soft. This is when you can easily drive a fork into
the slices without resistance.
5. Add salt and leave to cook for about 2 minutes. This is so that the salt
will seep into the yam slices.
6. Turn off the heat and drain the water.
From: AllNigerianRecipes.com: Your Free Guide to Cooking Nigerian Food
All Nigerian Recipes