Maritime Broccoli (was Fiddleheads)
This colorful dish is my homage to Californian cuisine, which I love for
its bold colors and interesting mix of flavors.
4 cups (1 L) broccoli
16 large shrimp (chicken or pork can be substituted)
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 large red onion
1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
1/2 cup (125 ml) lemon juice
1. Cut peppers and half the onion in big chunks. Mince rest of the onion.
Combine oil, lemon juice, minced onion, salt and pepper and mix well.
2. Pour oil mixture over peppers and onion pieces and let marinate 1 hour.
In the meantime, cook broccoli.
3. Clean and devein shrimp. Sauté lightly in oil until pink (2 minutes).
Remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Drain the vegetables, reserving the marinade. Sauté the vegetables 2
minutes in oil. Add broccoli and shrimp, cover and simmer a few
5. At the same time in separate pans, reduce marinade by half over high
6. Arrange vegetables and shrimp. Pour marinade over and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
From: The Wild Food Gourmet by Anne Gardon