Bitter Melon Chips
2 Ripe Bitter Melons
1 tbs. Curry Powder
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. Cayenne (optional)
1/2 tsp. Cardamom
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 tbs. Sesame Oil
1. Using a Mandoline or with a very sharp knife, slice the bitter melon
into 1/8" slices
2. In a bowl combine next six ingredients thoroughly.
3. Toss Bitter melon slices in marinade, be sure to completely coat each
slice with the marinade.
4. Place slices on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and place in
a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they begin to
5. Remove from oven and let cool on the sheet tray to further crisp.
6. If you do not plan to serve immediately, store in an air tight container
in the freezer for up to a week.
By: Cosmos Catering. From: The National Bitter Melon Council
Sommai Larkjit / FreeDigitalPhotos.net 10074623