Chapter: Vegetable Recipes
Recipe: Asparagus With Ginger
Asparagus With Ginger
Stir-fry asparagus is healthy and simple to prepare, yet very delicious. It
is a beautiful dish to serve and makes a great appetizer or a side dish.
Recipe serves 4.
1 bunch of asparagus, approx. 1 pound
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Holding the stalk at both ends, bend gently until it breaks on its own.
Discard the hard portion of the stalk.
2. Cut the remaining asparagus spears diagonally into 2 inch pieces.
3. Bring oil to medium heat in a large frying pan that can hold all the
4. Add cumin seeds and wait till they crack. Then add asparagus, ginger,
lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
5. Stir-fry for about 4 to 5 minutes until asparagus are tender but still
6. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Serving Option: Add 1 tablespoon sliced almonds half way through stir
frying the asparagus. This will make a beautiful presentation and taste
From: Manjula's Kitchen