Chapter: Shellfish Recipes
Recipe: Curried Scallops in Coconut Milk
Curried Scallops in Coconut Milk
Other seafood such as shrimp or calamari (squid) can easily be substituted
for scallops. Experiment with your favorite spices such as cayenne, cumin
or turmeric to create your own recipe.
Oil for sautéing
1 TB Ginger root, finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper or chili pepper
1 tsp Curry powder
1 cup Scallops, marinated in juice of 2 limes
Sea salt to taste
1 cup Vegetable broth or water
1/2 cup Coconut milk
Sliced green onions for garnish
1. Sauté the ginger and garlic in oil for one minute.
2. Add the spices and sauté for another minute.
3. Add the scallops and sea salt and sauté for 1 more minute.
4. Add coconut milk, broth and slowly bring to boil. Turn down heat and
simmer for a few minutes until scallops are cooked.
5. Garnish each dish with slivered green onions.
Adapted from: Stevia Info
Bert Folsom / 123RF Stock Photo 14607102