Savory Pumpkin/Flaxseed Onion Crackers
1 c Flax seed
1 c Water
1 heaping Tbsp Date Paste
4 cups Pumpkin Seeds
4 cups chopped Pumpkin seeds
1/2 c chopped Green Onion (or onion of choice)
2 Tbsp Onion powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1.5 tsp Salt
1) In a bowl combine together your flax seeds and water. Let soak for 1
hour until it become thick and gelatinous. No, really, this is what we
2) Mix date paste into your gelatinous soaked Flaxseeds. Set this mixture
aside for later.
3) In your food processor (or using one of the methods noted before the
recipe) proceed to pulse/grind your pumpkin seeds. The goal is to roughly
chop them up, but not grind them into a powder.
4) In a large mixing bowl combine your crushed pumpkin seeds with your
chopped green onion, onion powder, black pepper and salt. Mix well. Create
a well in your ingredients and proceed to add the Flax/Water/Date mixture
that you'd set aside.
5) Mix everything together. At this point you will have a crumbly wet
Cracker mixture, this is great!
Final Step: Assembling and Drying
1) Use a fork or small spatula to gently press, shape and flatten out your
cracker mixture to roughly 1/4" thickness on a sheet of parchment paper or
Helpful Hint: I recommend having a small cup of water at your station and
lightly dampening your fork or spatula as you flatten out/shape your
crackers. This helps immensely, as the cracker batter tends to be sticky.
Don't worry, the additional water from the fork/spatula won't alter the
2) Score your crackers into desired dimensions before you move on to drying
Use one of the two Drying Methods:
1) Set your oven at its very lowest heat and leave your oven door cracked
2) Place your crackers with parchment paper onto a baking sheet and place
into the oven
3) Leave the crackers to dry for roughly 2.5 to 3 hours
4) Flip crackers over and dry for another 30 minutes to 1 hour
1) Follow the same directions noted above, same time applies. Dry at 118
By Sarahfaé. From: Raw Food Recipes