Chapter: Party Appetizers and Snacks Recipes
Section: Deviled Eggs with Meat or Fish
Recipe: Ham and Horseradish Stuffed Eggs
Ham and Horseradish Stuffed Eggs
6 hard-cooked large eggs
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely minced cooked ham (about 3 ounces)
teaspoon coarse-grained mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons drained bottled horseradish, or to taste [see comments]
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
cayenne to taste
Cut a paper-thin slice of both ends of eggs and halve eggs crosswise. Force
yolks through a sieve into a bowl (or mash with a fork) and stir in
remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer filling to a
pastry bag fitted with a large decorative tip and pipe into whites,
mounding it. The stuffed eggs may be made 6 hours ahead and chilled,
- Not only do I like more horseradish, but also more lemon juice.
- I also added extra horseradish.
- Like everyone else, it needs more horseradish. I decided to replace the
horseradish with two tablespoons of Wasabi. Now that's a kicker.
- I used a high-quality smoked ham and decorated each half-egg with a small
sprig of curly parsley.
- I will never make deviled eggs without horseradish again. I didn't have
any ham, so I made it without - still great.
- The ham and horseradish is a winning combination.