Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Bundles
1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed (about 20 spears)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
Pinch kosher salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
4 to 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon (1 slice per asparagus spear)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Lay the asparagus on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Roast until cooked and starting
to brown around the edges, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and
transfer to another baking sheet to cool.
Once the asparagus have cooled, wrap each spear in a slice of smoked
salmon. Arrange on a serving platter and serve at room temperature.
- It is oily and difficult to eat.
- Pretty difficult to wrap the salmon around the asparagus.
- Add some squeezed lemon over the asparagus or inside the salmon.
- I mixed fresh lemon basil in with the olive oil.
- Sprinkled fresh chives over the bundles once they were on the platter.
- We make this as well with Prosciutto.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Show: Everyday Italian. Episode: The Art of Antipasti
Found at: Food Network